Greetings to y’all. I’m back!
And of course, my sincere apologies on the long break that I had taken from blogging.
Well, I had realized that I needed time to sort out some personal thoughts on blogging and therefore took a break. An initial couple of days break soon becomes a 2-week one. But I must say it was a much needed break for me. And I needed more time to spend with my baby (which I felt I had neglected a little since I blog compulsively), keep up with my daily chores and not to forget, ME time. Time to just laze on bed and watch drama serials online or watch podcasts on my iPhone. Goodness, I can’t say how much fun I am having with my iPhone now (apart from trying to blog with it. It was a torture to use the touch-key pad.) I am definitely pro-qwerty.
Besides the above, I am also aching physically and it’s pretty uncomfortably miserable to bear with chronic wrist-pain and back aches. Argghhh…I am sure most Mommies share the sentiments as I do or have been through such phrase. I had been experiencing intense wrist-pain for awhile. Apparently, it is termed “Baby Wrist” or clinically “DeQuervain's tenosynovitis”. It had started with my right and now my left too. So you can imagine how uncomfortable or rather, painful my daily life can be. I feel pain on my wrists even when I am dressing myself, cutting with a scissors, writing with a pen, using chopsticks etc. Or whenever there is flexing of my thumbs. So you can see, how this injury has caused inconvenience to my daily life. And all this pain derives from handling Baby Allysa especially with her increasing growth. (bleah!) But then again, I wouldn’t trade my pain for her chubbiness. I simply adore her chubby cheeks, thighs and butts! And being babies, they have to be chubby. That’s the way they should be.
So of course with less time to blog, I have more time to spend with baby and we had lots of fun. These are some things we did or happened during this period of time:
· Went to attend baby Zhi Xuan’s full month celebration! (What a lovely darling! Just made me reminisce of the good old days with Allysa! It is definitely a bitter-sweet feeling. ^^)
· Had our official first playdate with Kayla who is 2 months older than Allysa. (Well, the girls did not have much interaction on their play date. But I am positive they will warm up to each other soon. Mommy Jingfang and her family was such a good host to Baby Allysa and me.)
· Had stay-over at Grandma’s. My mom volunteered to look after Allysa after our reunion dinner so that Aloysius and I could have some couple time all by ourselves.
· Aloysius and I had (finally) our first couple time again! Just like the good old days sans baby. Though it was just a night, but it was quality time spent together. Well, I shan’t elaborate on the details here but I must say we found the “loving feeling” back again. And “What a difference life with a baby makes!”
· I (finally!) detach myself from Allysa and went on some pampering time any women need! I had facial (it’s been awhile) and went to do some quick Chinese New Year shopping after that. Of course among my own shopping, I can’t resist but to pop into Children’s toy shops and boutiques to get some clothing and new toys for Allysa too. (Lol!) I guess this is what all Mommies do now. It used to be browsing Men’s department but now, it is baby’s beside myself. (Sorry, hubby! Next trip, I promise.)
· Allysa is the mastery of her new acquired skill, flipping. And I must say(praise) she is such a flipper now. She flipped so well that she almost went under my mom’s bed. That was a funny sight!
· I swear I heard Allysa’s first word!(Though Daddy begs to differ.) It is neither “Mama” nor “Dada” sort of words. It’s “Help” and with clear enunciation too. (My baby knows the importance of surviving. Good job!)
· And the not-too- good thing: Allysa suffered from indigestion again! And I reckon she is allergic to barley. I tried feeding her organic oats with barley and she suffered from bloatness and loss of appetite after that. (She was farting excessively but not pooing.) My poor baby! Fortunately, she has since recovered from this terrifying episode. Goodness, I think Allysa has inherited our weak digestive system. Sigh….Looks like I have to be more aware of what goes into my baby’s mouth.
· Oh! We finally received the hard and soft copies of Allysa’s first photoshoot. I simply love the shots and it was well taken. Kudos to the photographer and his team from BabyU Photo Studio International, Uncle Stanley and of course, our (self-acclaimed) Singapore Next Top Model, Allysa Lim! We had also received lots of compliments from our friends and families. Thanks to y’all.
It was definitely a worthy 2-weeks break. And I am ready to go on blogging again. Do I miss blogging? I sure do. There are many times I mind-blog which means I blog mentally but am too lazy to type it down. Anyway, I hope and look forward to sharing more stories of my family and myself. And I am grateful for my readers who have hang on to my blog despite the hiatus.
Linking Up To: